Netatmo, a revolutionary smart home company, developing groundbreaking, intuitive and beautifully-designed connected consumer electronics, announces today the availability of Smart Radiator Valves. Netatmo Valves allow users to control their heating on a room-by-room basis and use on average 37% less energy to heat their home without compromising on their comfort.
Netatmo Smart Valves work just as well in houses with individual heating as in those that have collective heating. Finally, users connected to collective heating now also benefit from a smart heating solution and can enjoy practical solutions helping them to reduce energy waste.
Comfort and energy savings thanks to Netatmo Smart Radiator Valves
Netatmo Valves enable users to reduce their energy budget and improve their comfort.
Fitted on hot-water radiators, Netatmo Smart Valves regulate the temperature of the room. They set a heating schedule for each room, adapted to the habits of their occupants. From the App, users can customise the temperature of each room in the house.
For example, the bathroom is heated to 21°C during the morning, but not for the rest of the day when it is not being used; the parents’ bedroom remains at 16°C during the day when it is empty, and the children’s room is heated to 19°C from 5PM on weekdays when they come back from school.
Installing Netatmo Valves is quick and easy: the user simply removes the old thermostatic radiator valve, without having to bleed the radiator, and installs the Netatmo Valve with one of the adaptors provided.
Individual or collective heating : a smart heating solution adapted to every home
As well as house residents with independent heating systems, individuals living in apartments can now install Smart Radiator Valves and save energy without compromising on their comfort.
Netatmo offers smart heating solutions for all heating systems:
- The Netatmo Smart Thermostat and Additional Smart Radiator Valves for individual heating systems (compatible with fuel, gas and wood boilers as well as heat pumps).
- The Smart Radiator Valves Starter Pack and Additional Smart Radiator Valves for collective and district heating systems.
Whatever their heating system, all users can adjust their comfort levels room by room, and optimise their energy consumption.
In the context of the Energy Efficiency Directive (EED)2, Netatmo Smart Valves provide a solution to Europeans with collective heating so they significantly reduce their energy consumption.
The European Union launched in 2012 the EED. The initiative enjoins Member States to increase energy efficiency by up to 30% by 2030 (EDD update 2016)3 and reduce European citizens’ energy spending.
The EED establishes national new measures empowering Europeans to better manage their energy consumption. Netatmo Smart Radiator Valves allow households control their heating and help them achieve important energy savings.
Smart features for an accurate heating control
Thanks to smart features, users make energy savings every day:
- Open Window Detection: the Valves detect when a window is open and immediately stop heating the room so as not to waste energy4.
- Smart Regulation: the Valves precisely analyse external elements in real time – the weather, insulation of the house – and adjust the heating of the room to save as much energy as possible.
- Manual Boost: the user can temporarily increase the temperature of a room at any time, to improve their comfort. This can be done by manually turning the Valve or directly from the App.
Interoperability platforms integration for voice-controlled heating
Netatmo Smart Radiator Valves work with major interoperability platforms:
- Apple Homekit: Netatmo Smart Radiator Valves are compatible with Apple Homekit, enabling users to control their heating with their voice. By simply asking Siri to change the temperature in the house, they improve their comfort at home without lifting a finger. With Apple Homekit, users can also create customised scenarios and interactions to connect smart devices together according to different combinations.
- Google Home: Netatmo Smart Radiator Valves are also compatible with Google Home, the hands-free smart speaker. Powered by the Google Assistant, Google Home can help controlling the heating of the house. Users just need to ask the Google Assistant to change the temperature, increase and decrease it and even ask what the temperature of the home is
Pricing and availability
Netatmo Smart Radiator Valves are available from today. They will retail for £69.99 each and can be found at John Lewis, Cefco, Maplin, ShopUK, Amazon.co.uk and Netatmo.com, as well as retailers for professionals Plumb Center, CEF and Graham.
The Netatmo Energy App is completely free and is compatible with iPhones, from iOS 9 onwards, and Android smartphones from 4.2 onwards. The Valves Web App is available on Mac and PC.
1. Source: average reduction in energy calculated based on an apartment connected to collective heating and using Netatmo Smart Valves when compared to an installation using thermostatic valves. Theoretical study carried out in Germany by CentraleSupelec (JSS).
4. Source: The Open Window Detection will be available during the winter 2017.